Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's and a Leftover Christmas Craft

Things were going so well with all my Valentine's projects, but these ended up unfinished. They need another coat of clear acrylic spray... thanks to the sprinkles of rain that occurred on the sunny day I sprayed them! They need that, some embellishment, and some ribbon bows on the stems. By next Valentine's Day they should be beautiful!
The wood I got from The Wood Connection. I painted the bases and stems with black acrylic paint and the stems with other colors. The pink glitter is American Crafts, the beadboard was precut and then I painted it. The dotted paper is from Collage Press, the Cupcake Series.

This card is my FAVORITE. I did it quick the day before Valentine's Day, and I love love love it. It was my first time sewing on paper... it was on my list of "things to do in 2010" so I am glad I got that out of the way early this year!
The paper is from the We R MemoryKeepers Heart Attack collection. I just used a 1 1/8" circle punch, and then some random grosgrain ribbon I had handy. I hand cut that heart myself =).

This is a Christmas project I forgot about. We had to do $5 gifts for a church activity, and this is what i came up with, little gift tag cards.
The paper is Close to My Heart, and I think it is called Jingle, it is the cardmaking set. I used random pink and white cardstock to frame my image. The stamp is also CTMH stamped in Tulip and Juniper.
These tins were left over from an Enrichment activity. Got them from Oriental Trading Company. I had six extras and they are already gone. They are handy gift card and pebble magnet holders. They were the perfect size. Just wrapped it in the same paper and used the coordinating Juniper ribbon.

No comments: