Friday, July 2, 2010

Father's Day Cards and Heat Transfer Vinyl

It has been a long time since I posted anything on here-- not because of a lack of projects, but instead a lack of time. Things are a lot less stressful at our house during summer, so hopefully I will be able to add more regularly. The card on top is kind of what I made for Father's Day and also my for my mom's birthday. The card above is for my mom to give to real estate clients. The Father's Day version had a different sentiment. The stamped argyle and the car are from PTI, as well as the sentiment. The twine is just from my ribbon collection, and the brads are Basic Grey.
The other day I got a hankering to experiment with heat transfer vinyl. A friend got me curious about this (thanks Mandy), and now I am hooked! I cut the vinyl out on my cricut (the daisies are from Don Juan and the "bloom" from Opposites Attract), and then you just iron them on. One trick is that you have to flip everything on your Cricut before you cut it, or it won't read the right way. The whole project (messing around and everything) only took an hour and turned out super cute. I got the Tshirt for $3 from Old Navy. I think I will be doing a lot more of this!

No comments: